Herbert C. Grubber (March 3, 1939 - May 9, 2019)
To send flowers in memory of Herbert Cecil Grubber, please visit our Heartfelt Sympathies Store.
Husband of Sharon Gallagher for 52 years. Father of Chris (Tara), Angela, Cindy (Pete), and John (Martha). Beloved Poppi to Brianna, Kaija, Jessica, Derek, and Chloe. Dad had a few core beliefs that shaped him: Family came first, above everything else; if a job was worth doing, it was worth doing right; and there could never be too much pepper.
With heavy hearts, we say goodbye to our:
- Fiercely independent man of many opinions and colourful words, most being unprintable.
- World traveler, historian, and adventurous gourmet, willing to eat just about anything, no matter its age.
- Carpenter, plumber, electrician, mover, or whatever else the job required, he was always willing to help.
- Changer of diapers, and cuddler of sleepy babies in his recliner.
- Reader and singer of limericks and lullabies.
- Noted secret softie towards animals, and veterinarian to family pets.
- Vintage tool collector, magical mechanic, and building material enthusiast.
- Flower, tree, fruit, and vegetable gardening authority.
- Nature lover, recycler, and enthusiastic composter.
- Year-round early riser who would walk the Bell Park Boardwalk at sunrise daily.
Every year, the arrival of spring gave him a burst of energy after the winter. Dad’s gardens brought him great joy, and he happily spent the summer days in them, from sunrise to sunset, clad in his green coveralls and hat, planting, trimming, weeding, pruning, and watering. The only thing he loved more was his family. He will be greatly missed, and never forgotten.
Enjoy some aged cheese or pickled beets, plant something, or have a lively debate in his memory. Donations to the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto or the Northern Cancer Foundation would be appreciated.
Resting at the Lougheed Funeral Home
252 Regent Street at Hazel Street, Sudbury
(Friends may call 4pm-8pm Monday, with parish prayers 4:30pm Monday).
Funeral Mass in Our Lady of Hope Church
591 Brennan Road, Sudbury
Tuesday, May 14th, 2019 at 10:30am.
Cremation with interment in the family plot at the Park Lawn Cemetery.
For donations and messages of condolence, www.lougheed.org.